Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A bento for my Minions.





 Veggie ramen noodles, bologna cut outs, carrots, grapes, and curried eggs.

First of all, I need to apologize for the poor quality of the pictures. My camera is having some issues. I know I should really get a new one, but I am having problems talking myself into spending that type of money for a camera when I can deal with it and spend it on the minions instead.

Today's lunch was partly by request. I had just put my eldest on the bus for his PPI class (he is a high functioning autistic) and his younger brothers were requesting noodles for lunch. We had just had pasta the night before, so I decided to make some ramen noodles. Now, I know they are very fatty and not very good for you. But well, my boys are small and could use some fattening up. In attempts to make it a little more healthy I added some carrots, corn, and broccoli.

The eggs are hard boiled eggs that I put in my egg molds. Then I sliced them in half and made them into curried eggs. I made sure to show the boys that they came apart and the filling was yummy. Sometimes my 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 year olds need some encouragement to try foods. The eyes and mouths were colored with a food markers I picked up in the cake aisle in the grocery store.

Next I looked through my collection of cookie cutters and cut out a duck and 5's out of bologna aka flat hot dog. Or that is how my minions refer to it.  Then I sliced up some baby carrots and put some grapes into a cupcake cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment