Saturday, March 10, 2012

O is for Ocean


I realized I needed to use up my Goldfish bread before it went bad.  So we have another fish lunch.  Today's sandwich is yet another peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  That seems to be the sandwich of choice anymore. Or as the minions call it, a "peanut butter jelly time". It has a candy eye and I used a food safe marker to color in the mouth. On top of the fish is a cucumber and a carrot making the "O".  I also have a pretzel rod with a piece of angel hair pasta wrapped around it to make a fishing pole. Above that are some more of the grape tomato and cheese boats. At the very bottom are some green olives (and a piece of cheddar that fell in there).

The bottom deeper side of the bento has a bed of spring greens. I have a sausage Octopus, crab and jellyfish. At the bottom I have strawberries, cheese, almond slivers, carrots, and green olives making up the ocean floor.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Added you to the blog roll at Bento Blog Network!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable!!! We don't seem to have the goldfish bread in a lot of stores here (and apparently never in the ones I actually shop in) so I can't let John see this. He'd LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete