Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Egg Carton Lunch

 Today I  was watching 2 other children. I needed a craft to do and also needed to have 5 mostly matching lunch containers. Needless to say, I do not have 5 that match. So I decided to do another egg carton lunch. Designing the outside makes a perfect craft and filling the inside is very efficient and fast. Perfect when you are feeding 5 little boys between the ages of 2 years and 5 years old. This is in addition to feeding little miss Colonel Sanders. Poor Colonel Sanders has now cut 6 teeth and I think is getting ready to cut some more. She seems to cut them in 2's.
 Anyway, today's lunch consists of salad dressing, grapes, peanut butter and jelly finger sandwiches, cheese cubes, baby carrots, cucumbers, raisins, and blackberries.

Yes, I know it is a bit of a variety, but I had a picky eater and wanted to expose him to a few new things. Also the sandwich is made from a hotdog bun. One of the my minions has suddenly started to refuse to eat crusts. Being the mean mama I am, I thought a hotdog bun would be perfect! The top is pretty much nothing but crust! After a bit of crying, the sandwiches were gobbled up and no one died from the "dangerous" crust.
 I forgot to ask the mother if I could post pictures of her 2 boys, so instead of waiting (and then forgetting) I just decided not to post them. Instead you can enjoy looking at my 3 handsome little men.

They all loved their lunches. They also enjoyed decorating the outside of the containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment