Friday, August 3, 2012

How much food can fit into a tiny container?

I was recently told that there was no way my minions could eat a decent lunch out of "that little container. It's not even large enough for a full sandwich!" Oh really?

This is what we will pack today, minus the crust. I will feed that to the minions as part of a snack. I have 1/4 cup of cashews (I know it looks a little shy, but it is just the angle), a heaping 1/4 cup of currants, 5 carrot sticks, between 2 1/2 to 2 3/4oz of cheese (about 1/3 of a 8oz brick of cheese), and most of a sandwich. The bread is Italian bread baked by Aunt Millies. So the bread is a bit larger than most other  varieties. That is a decent sized lunch for a kid, right?

And now our container. This is one of the ones I picked up at Target for a dollar. They had them in blue and yellow. Both are the same size. I added in a soda can for proportion. No, I did not share my soda with the minions. That is MY soda. It's kinda like coffee, mama doesn't share.

I cut up the carrots to make it easier for my 2, 3 and 5 year old to eat. I used cupcake liners to keep things separated.
Next I stack the 2 elephants on top of each other. It almost looks like the elephant is trying to eat some currants! I also added the cheese. Hmm... There is still some unused space. That drives me nuts. What else can I add to this quickly? I am a hair on the lazy side and refuse to spend to long making lunches.
There we go! That's much better. I added another slice of cheese and a package of fruit snacks. Now my container is full. So tell me, you still think you can't pack much food into my little container?

1 comment: