Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Bento (Colonel Sanders too!)


I found my camera today! I am so sorry with inconsistent posts. I have killed several cameras this year. I take very good care of them, yet they seem to have lens errors and what not. I think I may just take to many pictures. Right now I am using a really old 3.2megapixel camera. For some odd reason I seem to misplace this old clunker. Well, you can't take pictures if you can't find you camera. I know some others use their camera phones, but you don't want me to do that. Colonel Sanders has been very loving to my poor phone. That and it is not a smart phone anyway.

Today's lunch sits on a bed of "star leaf" aka spinach. Have you ever seen Land Before Time or any of the million of sequels? The minions have! On top of that I have a Biscoff and jelly sandwich (more on the change below) with block cheese eyes. I attempted to shred ham to look like something little boys would think is gross yet amusing. I failed. Or maybe they just aren't old enough yet. Also I have sliced carrots, grapes, and cheddar cheese.
What's in my bento today?

I seem to have forgotten to take a picture of Colonel Sanders bento but I have pictures of her. For her I had Cheerios, sliced grapes, finely diced ham, and a small pumpkin biscoff and jelly sandwich. Yes, she ate it just fine.

Why did we switch to Biscoff? The Minion's school is nut free. Next year I will be providing lunch for 2 out of 4 minions at school. Clark's special needs class does a family style lunch. So it is important for him to eat what they do so he is not singled out. All of the other parents buy lunches for their children. Next year Clark will not have that class, so I will be providing his lunch instead of just paying for it. Tyke eats at home this year before he goes to school.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is the number one item asked for here in the house. I have one minion who is autistic and has sensory processing disorder. He likes what he likes and to get him to eat differently is a challenge. If he wants that type of sandwich for lunch, I am all for it. If you let him, he would also eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner also. Another one of the minions has severe acid reflux. The poor little dear 

had a pacifier until he was 3 per Dr. orders in order to help keep the acid down. He is now on 2 separate meds in hopes to help get it back under control. Some weeks are good, and others not. He too does not like to eat to much. Yet I can always get him to eat a PB&J.

So I decided to switch them over to Biscoff early to see if they would accept it as "peanut butter". So far so good! Since Biscoff is nut free, I can send it with them to school next year. Will I still give them peanut butter? Yes. I just wanted to add this to their diet to ensure I would not have problems adding it to Clark's diet later.

No comments:

Post a Comment