Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sick but hungry lunch



I know it does not look like much, but the minions were very happy. The biscuit looks burnt. I assure you it was soft on the inside and lightly flaky on the outside.

Tyke and his "just like daddy" mug
"I like cheese!"
The minions are still recovering from what is going around. I thought Clark could go to school today, but he had a fever this morning. It went away, but I know it will come back at some point. The others are the same. No one wished to get dressed today either. Before I could make lunch, Tyke went into the kitchen and was digging through the bento cabinet while telling me he wanted a "pretty lunch".

So today's lunch is cheddar and mozzarella cheese slices and a homemade buttermilk biscuit with peanut butter.  On the other side we have vanilla yogurt, carrot sticks, and mango sticks.
Pork is camera shy today.
I know it is not to impressive or nice looking. I just did not have the energy to make something to nice. Especially if they were just going to pick at it. At the same time, I wanted to make them happy. They have not been eating well at all. No one seemed to mind their ugly lunch and they all were pleased.


1 comment:

  1. Anything in a bento or muffin tin is considered a 'beautiful lunch' by my daughter. And I can also do them on a plate, but only if I make it cute with cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete