Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Leftovers bento! - hotdog

We host a cookout here every weekend. There are always leftovers for me to make lunches with. Although normally we eat them on Sunday and I eat whatever is left during the week. This week we had quite a few hotdogs left. Good thing the boys do not mind cold hotdogs.

I was trying to make the hotdog look like some sort of long bug. So I cut thin strips of carrot and gave it antenna and then used mustard for decoration. I added in a small wedge of watermelon (also a leftover), some peach slices (leftover from peach pancakes that morning), carrots, pretzels, and that odd bunny giant marshmallow. I used slices of peaches for the ears, blueberries for the eyes, and carrots for the whiskers and mouth.

This is all in one of the cheap 4 for $3 Rubbermaid food storage containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment