Thursday, April 19, 2012

Vegetarian Rice Burger bento

I have to say that this tasted so much better than I thought it would! I think I may have found my back up plan when I run out of nori.

Today's  lunch is all on a bed of spinach. I have strawberries, baby carrots, cheddar cheese (ok, that is not vegetarian, but the rest is), baby dill pickles, and a rice burger with a grilled portabella mushroom as the burger. I marinated the mushroom in a bit of lite soy sauce before I grilled it.

How do you make the rice burger bun? Well, you can go out and buy the molds for it. OR you can do what I did. First I cooked some white rice per directions. I took my round cookie cutter and put it on a plate. Next I filled it a little over the top with white rice and pressed down on it as hard as I could. Then you lift the cookie cutter and pop out the rice patty. Place it in a pan with a little bit of butter or cooking spray. Not to much! You want it to crisp up but not be greasy. Crisp both sides and allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment