Monday, November 12, 2012

Homemade cheese bread and Suprise! Mama has to work a day shift.

I know this isn't very cute. Sorry. The bread is a homemade cheese quick bread. Somehow I managed to run out of milk, so I thought I would substitute plain yogurt. It turned out amazing!

I made the boys a turkey bacon sandwich on the cheese bread.  I have a Mini Dipper with veggie dip. The bottom tier has carrot sticks, zucchini, and small pieces of mozzarella cheese. Can you tell it was before shopping day? We always run low on fresh fruits and veggies.



Colonel Sanders also had her own lunch made for her. I broke up some very crisp turkey bacon pieces, small chunks of mozzarella cheese, the last of the pomegranate seeds, some steamed carrot sticks, steamed zucchini slices, and some thin slices of my homemade cheese bread.a


Look familiar?  I know, another no so cute lunch for the Elder. Well, he is home today. So there is no one to make jealous. He has the same as the boys, only in an Easy Lunchbox.  Zucchini, carrots, cheese, veggie dip, and a turkey bacon sandwich on homemade cheese bread.

Ah yes, you see I also have a lunch packed. My last day of training before I switch to 3rd shifts. No more missing lunches for me! Now I will just miss after dinner time 3 times a week. I would much rather that than a large chunk of the day.

I do not take my lunch to work in a lunch bag. Honestly  I am scared to use an Easy Lunchbox. I was warned that sometimes they clean out the fridge and misread the mandatory dated stickers on our lunches. Yes, they will toss a whole lunch bag. It happened to the lady training us. Because I do not use a bag, I have no place to store a fork or spoon. This is yet another reason why I love my Easy Lunchbox!  Notice my fork fits right in the container? How handy is that?

Once again I made myself shrimp spring rolls, carrots, tomatoes, and some cottage cheese mixed with crushed pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment