Friday, November 9, 2012

P is for Percy and Pasta




Can you tell what that is? I made homemade pasta! I used my Percy cookie cutter and made a train ravioli. Then I cut out some of the remaining pasta and make P's. I put some grated mozerella cheese for the sky and a slice of orange sweet pepper for the sun.  To the right I have blackberries, snap peas, carrots, grape tomatoes, and some small slices of cheddar cheese. On top of that we have some Mounds M&M's.

The Elder had a similar lunch. We have some steamed zucchini for him. Looking back, I wish I would have added some carrots or maybe sweet peppers. Oh well, maybe next time. I also gave him some Mounds M&M's.

The Elder has a bed of hand shaped ravioli, then I poured some lemon pepper butter on it, a light layer of mozzarella cheese, then some zucchini so that he could make out the train ravioli and the letter P. He had no clue what was going on. *sighs* You can

tell he does not watch much Thomas the Train.

Colonel Sanders also had her own bento. The bottom layer consists of steamed carrots and sweet potato. I also have small pieces of mozzarella cheese and blackberries.

Homemade pasta is not hard to make. All you need is some flour, salt or herbs, eggs, and a little oil. Mix that together, then roll it into a ball and let it rest in the fridge for a little bit.
Up until this year, I hand rolled and cut my pasta. Last Christmas my father-in-law gave me a pasta machine. Now it is much easier to roll out. Sometimes I even use it to cut pasta too.

Look at my fridge! Isn't that a beautiful sight! Everyone's lunches are all set and ready to go for the next day. The Elder loves his lunch bag. They are sold at www.easylunchboxes.com. They are made to fit the Easy Lunchboxes and there is plenty of room for other items. The Elder has a bottled water, milk, and a juice in that bag in addition to his ELB.

I promise there is more in my fridge that just that. There are still 2 shelves and 2 drawers of food. I just had to share the beauty of the Easy Lunchboxes sitting there in a rainbow and waiting for lunch the next day.





Oh look! It's Clark! Yes, Clark did not have school today. I really miss his lunch dialog. Clark knew who the train was right away. Clark is obsessed with trains. Colonel Sanders was giving me one of those "I'm
trying to eat" looks.

Tyke and Pork are so use to a camera in their faces that they just ignore me.

3 comments: