Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Quick Attempt at Angry Birds

 I am not gifted in design... or patience. The boys have been obsessed with playing Angry Birds since I received a Kindle Fire for Christmas. I put a few Autism apps on it and Angry Birds. I now use Angry Birds as part of our bed time routine. Everyone gets 5 games which comes to about 3 minutes. I know it is funny, but it works as a transition between combing Clark and actually getting into bed.

Anyway, back to lunch. This is my lazy take on Angry Birds. I kinda want to cry. I had plans of doing better, but 3 fighting boys and a little ankle biter crying at my feet changed my mind. Oh well! They all knew who it was suppose to be.

I used salami and deli cheese to make the Birds and the Piggy. The Pig ended up yellow because I could not find my green food marker after 10 minutes of looking. Then Aunt Julie came downstairs after I colored the circle and handed the green one to me. *sighs*

I used one of Colonel Sander's sippy cups to cut out the circle. The smaller circles were cut out by hand or by using a straw. I am so awesome that I even forgot to give the pig a mouth (I just realized this as I was typing).


Just so you know, I remember nothing about the white bird other than it "poops out an egg" when you tap it. I am not even sure what it looks like other than it was white. I did take a look after the fact and well, I wish I wouldn't have. I am saddened even more by my lame birds. Oh well! Maybe I will go drink some more coffee. Coffee makes everything better!

The sandwiches are peanut butter and jelly. I also gave them strawberries (they prefer the tops on), sliced zucchini, a cheese stick, and 2 mini sausages.


I am so glad Tyke knew what I was trying to make for lunch. He was tickled pink! Tyke is my #1 lover of Angry Birds.

Want to see some really nice Angry Birds lunches?
Mamabelly's Angry Birds

Creative Food's Angry Birds lunch

Another awesome Angry Birds Lunch from Creative Food

Ever wonder what I do with the scraps? Well, look at Colonel Sanders plate. She did not mind it one bit. I did cut up her strawberries for her, but I left them pushed together.

BUT WAIT! There are even more wonderful Angry Birds lunches. I promise all of them are much better than mine!

Angry Birds from Obento Mama!

Karen of Our Lunch Bags always does an amazing job. Her son is very lucky!

Feeling A Little Lunchy used lettuce for her pigs. They look great! What a cool idea.

Becoming A Bentoholic's Angry Bird bento.

Robot Squirrel and the Monkeys Angry Birds Lunch

Lunch With Eyeness has a nice lunch.

Even better, Lunch With Eyeness has several here. I should have used my egg mold like she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment