Friday, February 3, 2012

Gerber Mealtime Organizer


I decided to give my new Gerber Mealtime Organizers a spin. I do have to say that they are a little large for the amount of food my toddler and preschoolers eat. Although when you are making a fun lunch, space can be a perk. They are a good size for teens and adults. I picked my Mealtime Organizers up at Walmart in the baby section. They appear to only come in blue and red. 

The Gerber Mealtime Organizers seem to open up with ease. My eldest has some very fine motor skill problems and cannot always open things. Yet he managed to open this up without an issue. Also my 2 year old was able to open them. That is always nice. Even though they did open and close easily, they seemed to remain shut quite well. Pork (2) was running around the table with his, tripped, and the box bumped against the table. It remained shut. That is nice, especially with little ones.

These are not leak proof. Although one of the small sections on the inside comes with a tight cover. So you could pack applesauce or yogurt. The large section on the inside is more than enough room for a sandwich.

The only issue we had was with the outside compartment on the lid. When the minions let the lid drop back to the table, the cover to the compartment would pop off. So if you used that compartment (I didn't) you would either need to be gentle when you put the lid down or take the food out of that compartment first. Either way, we did like the Gerber Mealtime Organizer and at $6.99 each, I think it was a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment