Wednesday, February 29, 2012

D is for Domo

 Aunt Agnes made some banana bread the other day. I have to say that I love hers. Not to much banana to make it mushy and it is not sweet either. It's perfect! Yet for some odd reason, the minions refuse to eat it.  They refuse to eat it even when it is sweet. So today, in preparation of me baking another bread to try, I decided to see if I could get them to eat it. Remember, I refuse to spend more than 15-20 minutes. I have 4 under the age of 5 and 3 are solid eaters.


I was talking to my anime friend and Domo came to mind. Yes! They are brown and would be perfect. There is not much I could do to mess this one up. So I cut the bread into a little bit more of a rectangle shape and added pretzels for arms and candy eyes. The mouth is made from strawberry cream cheese and mozzarella cheese for the teeth.

I have some not so ripe peaches, kiwi, and colby jack cheese helping to keep the arms steady for transport to the table. Minions are not to careful with their bento's. And we have bologna D's stacked up for their enjoyment as well.
Did they eat the bread? Yes! Pork emptied out his bento onto the table before he went after the Domo. Tyke ate them first thing while pointing to the peaches and telling me they were apples and how much he loves apples.

The frog bentos were purchased from AllThingsForSale.com . My Father-in-Law purchased the first one for me and the minions fought over it so much I had to purchase a second. Have I mentioned how much I love that site? Love cannot even begin to describe it.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much power Domo can have :D I'm glad they finally liked the bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. banana bread Domo! super cute!!! I'm with you on the All Things For Sale bandwagon. LOVE that place!

    ReplyDelete